- While the rules of Padel are very similar to tennis, the use of the back and side walls results in much longer rallies.
- The game consists of two teams, each with two players. Each team stands on opposing sides of the court with the net between them.
- The point starts with an underhand serve which must be hit into the opposite adjacent square The serve has two attempts to successfully place the ball. If the ball hits the net and bounces in the square when it is a let.
- Scoring is exactly the same as tennis. Six games are needed to win a set and the team that wins two sets wins the game. The tie-breaker rules are also the same, 7 points if the score reaches 6/6
- The ball must bounce on the ground before touching any structures, however it can be played again by the same team before the second bounce.
- Volleys are permitted and players can use their own walls to return the ball.
- The point starts with a serve which, like in tennis, must be hit to the opposite square.
- The serve is underhanded, with 2 attempts allowed.
If the ball hits the net and bounces in the box, it is a let.
- Scoring is exactly the same as tennis.
- Six games are needed to win a set, and the team which wins two sets wins the match.
- Players will play a 7 point tie-breaker if the score reaches 6 games all.
- Dimensions: 200m² (10x20m).
- A net divides the court into two sides.
- Windows and steel fences surround the court.
- The back of the court and the lower section of the side walls are made of window glass surmounted by a steel fence (height: 4m).
- Access to the court is on each side of the net.
- There are no doors.
THE RACQUET, BALL AND APPAREL
- A Padel racquet is solid with no strings but must be perforated. It is smaller and more compact than a tennis racquet which makes it very easy to handle for everyone.
- Sports Essence has a fantastic range of racquets and other padel equipment
- Padel balls are similar to tennis balls but have less pressure in order to adapt to the small size of the court and to allow the use of the sides walls.
- Players can use regular tennis shoes, or ideally clay shoes with a slick sole are more comfortable on the sandy astroturf.